If you’re trying to get every achievement in Loop Hero, you may have noticed an odd one named Broken Geography. The description for this achievement is, “Place 10 cards you didn’t have in your deck, not counting “Oblivion”. If you’re already thinking, wait, is that even possible? You’ll want to read our guide to learn how.
|How to Get the Broken Geography Achievement in Loop Hero|
|Tips For Getting Broken Geography|
|Broken Geography Card Deck|
The Broken Geography achievement can be frustrating and time-consuming to get because of how it works. The only way you can get cards that aren’t in your deck is to kill an enemy named Prime Matter on Chapter 2 or above. In order to spawn a Prime Matter, you need to spawn a Ghost, that becomes a Ghost of a Ghost, and then finally becomes a Prime Matter.
The way this works is you need to place Battle Field tiles which have a 20% chance of enemies becoming a Ghost if they have a soul. Loop Hero enemies that have souls are in the table below. Bosses haven’t been included to avoid spoilers.
|Ratwolf||Skeleton||Skeleton Archer||Blood Clot||Vampire|
|Ghost||Ghost of a Ghost||Prime Matter||Watcher||Goblin|
|Goblin Leader||Ghoul||Bandit||Harpy||Flesh Golem|
|Mosquito||Field of Blades||Scorch Worm||Siren|
When a Prime Matter enemy dies, the Creation trait on it rewards you with three random cards or one golden card at a 33% chance. The three random cards can be ones you don’t have in your deck and/or haven’t unlocked yet. However, you can still get cards you have in your deck. Continue reading below for some tricks to get the Broken Geography achievement.
- Play on Chapter 2 so Prime Matter has the Creation trait required for this achievement. (not confirmed if it works on Chapter 1)
- Prioritize fighting enemies with souls, as they’re the only ones that can become ghosts.
- Keep your deck as small as possible so you have a better chance of getting cards you don’t have.
- The Rogue class works well due to how well it scales into late loops.
- Recommended Rogue Traits: Picky, Card-Sharp, Old Scars, Marauder, Master of Fencing
- Picky helps with getting better gear. Card-Sharp gives you a 10% chance to keep a card after placing it. You can use this for cards not in your deck. Old Scars and Marauder work together giving you thousands of health late game. If you get Ancestral Crypt from a Prime Matter, this scales even further. And Master of Fencing is strong late-game due to River/Thicket attack speed.
- Use the Arsenal golden card for staying alive as a Rogue.
- Skeletons, Vampires, and Ratwolves are your go-to for grinding to get ghosts. Just make sure you have Battle Fields nearby.
- Placing Rivers around Thickets as shown in the screenshot above makes some give 8% Attack Speed each, since the Rivers stack.
- Even though you need to place cards not in your deck, you can remove them afterward with an Oblivion card. This doesn’t take away from the amount placed.
This is the deck I used to get the Broken Geography achievement. If you want to add another card in, you can use Chrono Crystals to speed up the Cemetery Skeleton spawns. In my opinion, the Skeletons are nice to grind, but they have a lower chance of spawning Ghosts due to their Not Finished trait.
When a Skeleton dies, it has a 50% chance to become a Cracked Skeleton that doesn’t have a soul. Regarding the other cards, the Bookery is useful for replacing cards you don’t need with better ones like Thickets.
If you have any other Loop Hero questions, feel free to comment below for help and we’ll try to get back to you. And if you’re looking for more Loop Hero guides, visit our guide hub here. We’ve posted a few useful guides below that you may be interested in.
Jeff is a journalist that loves to write, stream, and make content about video games. He’s a sucker for RPGs, survival games, roguelikes, and more.