Welcome to our Eternal Return: Black Survival Emma Build filled with tips and tricks for learning and mastering her. This guide includes specific items to use, tips for how to use her skills, and other miscellaneous tricks you may not know. If you’re looking for general Eternal Return: Black Survival tips and tricks, we have those here too.
|Skills With Tips|
|Build Items and Route|
|Emma Tips and Tricks|
Two Emma builds are listed below with one focusing on an early Wind & Fire and the other building around high crit chance. The Wind & Fire build is courtesy of streamer, Tomsorcer, here. While the crit build is from an Eternal Return: Black Survival player, Alex Ich. I like Wind & Fire over Flechette since you have more charges on your weapon to play with. However, the full crit build is definitely powerful with a 57% chance to crit.
The Wind & Fire route relies on teleporting around via the hyperloop, in the beginning. This helps significantly with getting your weapon early. However, since Temple is often a highly populated start, you may struggle to get every item. This is why it’s important to learn some side areas you may be able to dip into.
- Build Import Code (Wind & Fire): 210426
- Build Import Code (Crit): 210424
|Wind & Fire Wheels||Attack Power +55, Skill Amplification +20%, 50 Max Charges|
|Covert Agent Uniform||Defense +23, HP Regen +2.5, Cooldown Reduction +15%|
|Imperial Burgonet||Defense +10, Max SP +200, Movement Speed +0.1, Critical Damage Reduction +10%, Cooldown Reduction +10%, Skill Amplification +18%|
|Draupnir||Defense +10, Max SP +240, HP Regen +1, Skill Amplification +17%|
|Straightjacket Sneakers||SP Regen +0.7, SP Regen +50%, Movement Speed +0.35, Skill Amplification +10|
|Uchiwa||SP Regen +100%, Life Steal +15%, Skill Amplification +21|
- Leveling Emma’s Hat Trick (W) seems to be the more common move instead of Dove Dealer (Q). It’s also easier to land hits with.
- Using Emma’s Change (R) skill with Hat Trick (W) can teleport through walls. This is great for escaping and chasing.
- Your Bunnymorph (E) skill is a great way to throw off someone’s combo, while also providing a short window of vulnerability.
- Caltrops are another useful skill for escaping, but it can also deal significant damage. This helps keep a distance between your target and you while fighting.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with Change (R) as it has a short cooldown.
- Initiating with Dove Dealer (Q) early is important so you have the second dove ready to help.
- Part of what makes Emma a difficult character in Eternal Return is that you have to always be planning ways to setup enemies.
- Try not to aimlessly use your skills as both your Q and W have shorter cooldowns on hit.
My Opinion on Playing Emma
Emma’s a tough character that doesn’t seem overpowered or too weak right now. Win rates put her at 6.1% which makes her an average tier character. I’m not sure I’ve found a build I like yet as she comes across as extremely squishy without being a glass cannon. This makes for a tough early game unless you can keep people away from you. Unfortunately leading to many difficult matchups against mobile characters. Despite being a tough character, I enjoy playing Emma and I like how she heals off of SP consumed. That’s definitely a small but unique mechanic.
If you’re playing Eternal Return: Black Survival and have some Emma tips of your own, be sure to let others know in the comments. And if you’re looking for more content, we’ve got a tier list guide here based on win rates. Or if you’d prefer some tips on leveling quickly, we’ve got that here too.
Jeff is a journalist that loves to write, stream, and make content about video games. He’s a sucker for RPGs, survival games, roguelikes, and more.