The developers behind World War Z have released a class trailer featuring gameplay from the six classes.
Saber Interactive and Focus Home Interactive showcase the following classes:
- Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
- Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
- Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
- Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
- Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammate ammo-restoring perks.
- Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.
I haven’t been following the development of World War Z closely so far, however, I like the vibe of this trailer. It gives off a Killing Floor vibe while reminding me of Left 4 Dead simultaneously. This trailer focuses more on each individual class’s gameplay, rather than all of them working as a team. It should be interesting to see the power of four players efforts combined.
It’s one thing seeing the hordes of zombies in Left 4 Dead and another seeing the hordes we’re seeing in this World War Z trailer. I’ve always been a sucker for zombie games, so this is another zombie game I’m definitely looking forward to hearing more about.
Unfortunately, the recent zombie game release, Overkill’s The Walking Dead, wasn’t quite a successful entry in the genre. As long as they don’t release a broken game filled with bugs and microtransactions, they’re likely to have a decent chance. The release window for World War Z is currently slated at 2019, leaving a large window open.
World War Z is coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC via Humble Bundle.
What class do you think you’ll play in World War Z?
Disclaimer: Certain links in this article may contain affiliate links where purchases may provide a small commission to Slyther Games. Our affiliate policy is here.